The internet holds quite a lot of information. Here’s my favorite collection of tools, toolboxes, methods, best practices and howto’s from various fields of application. Most of them have a tight coupling to agile software development, agile organization development, product development and cross those fields.
Following a list of links and a short description of what to find on the site.
Open Practice Library, https://openpracticelibrary.com/
The site contains methods and tools around product Discovery and Delivery practices. The methods are collected by the community and serve to inspire seeking minds to test them in various situations. The methods are positioned in 4 main areas: Discovery, Delivery, Options Pivot and the Foundation.
Discovery contains methods like:
- Start At The End – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/start-at-the-end/
- Whole Product Plotting – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/whole-product-plotting/
- Value Stream & Process Mapping – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/vsm-and-mbpm/
- Kano Model – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/kano-model/
Options Pivot holds tools like:
- Feature Toggles – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/feature-toggles/
- Impact & Effort Prioritization (Matrix) – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/impact-effort-prioritization-matrix/
Delivery contains these tools:
- Blue Green Deployments – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/blue-green-deployments/
- UI Design Workshop – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/ui-design-workshop/
- Retrospectives – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/retrospectives/
Foundation hold something like these:
- Tribute Wall – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/tribute-wall/
- The Matrix of Principles – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/the-matrix-of-principles/
- Pair Programming – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/pair-programming/
- Team Workspaces – https://openpracticelibrary.com/practice/team-spaces/
Ideo – Design Kit, http://www.designkit.org/methods
This is a collection of tools around Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation. The kit is provided by IDEO.org.
- The Five Whys – http://www.designkit.org/methods/66
- Body Language – http://www.designkit.org/methods/64
- Build a Team – http://www.designkit.org/methods/10
- Journey Map – http://www.designkit.org/methods/63
- Create a Concept – http://www.designkit.org/methods/31
- Storyboard – http://www.designkit.org/methods/35
- Pilot – http://www.designkit.org/methods/8
- Ways to Grow Framework – http://www.designkit.org/methods/38
- Keep Getting Feedback – http://www.designkit.org/methods/59